Saturday, February 5, 2011

The snow that never came


That explains the blackouts, originally uploaded by ZERO CEM.
It was everywhere... in the forecast, the news, the clouds, the precautions taken by everyone... but it just never made it here. We were 24 hours under a Winter Storm Warning, I've even got to work from home today... but there was no snow.

Not here anyway... I believe Dallas did got some inches of snow today, not to mention other parts of the country, but here we had to settle with some icy rain, which made the roads hazardous, but without the added visual appeal that snow brings.

Regardless, I took a little tour of the nearby zone and did found a few frozen things: cars, signs, grass, plants, door knobs, even the floor! But this one caught particularly my eye. It seems to be a power generator with icicles growing out of it.

Luckily I didn't experienced the power outages firsthand, but I saw in the news that there were rolling blackouts scheduled to minimize the load on the power grid at a state level.

It was rather a disappointing morning (I actually woke up at the break of dawn just to go out to shoot some snow before work) but at least I found something to shoot at, because even the sunrise was out the question (too cloudy).

No comments:

Post a Comment