Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Moonrise


Moonrise, originally uploaded by ZERO CEM.

This is an old photo from my days in Southwest Florida.

It was starting to get to the time of year when the sun will set earlier and I wouldn't have enough time to go out to shoot in daylight and I was trying to plan a sunrise shot for the next morning using TPE when I noticed the moon would rise around 8:30 pm.

So, I got my gear ready and set out for Fort Myers beach pier (Lynn Hall Park), payed for my parking and ran off to the top of the bridge to make it on time.

Funny story though... I knew at what time the moon was supposed to rise, and I was trying to locate the exact point so I noticed a little glow in the horizon and I focused my gear and attention over there.

I pre-focused, took a couple of test shots and patiently waited... and waited... and... when at looked at my watch... the moonrise time was already gone... and still only glow and no moon... so I looked about 30 degrees to the right and there it was, already a little high in the sky: I had missed the moon rising! So, I aimed my camera and focused as fast as I could to take this shot!

All in all, it came out pretty nice, but I was hoping to get the moon lower in the horizon... so I guess I'll have to wait until the next chance I get to capture a moonrise (it's much easier near the coast to avoid running into problems with the skyline of the city or a tree line getting in the way)

No comments:

Post a Comment